Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Hurray for Valentine's Day

Good Morning All! I can't believe that it has already been a month since Christmas. And I must confess that I packed away the last of the decorations just today. They consisted of those few stray items that get forgotten and a beautiful felt poinsettia pillow that I started way before Christmas but just finished. I couldn't stand the thought of opening the Christmas storage totes and finding an unfinished project from 2011 being added to my list of to-do's in November 2012. The good news is that I can now start Valentine's decorations and gifts. I don't go all out crazy for Valentines but I do like a holiday that allows you to share how much you care. It is also a special day because it is my wedding anniversary (yes, I am a romantic sap and thought getting married on Valentine's Day would be so sweet). Little did I know that each year our special day is invaded by all the other couples and we can barely get a dinner reservation to our favorite spots without paying and arm and a leg. Also, I am cut one less special gift day because the two are combined on one day, foolish girl. The really interesting tid bit is that my dh and I have been married 25 years, 25 years? That just can't be correct, because if I got married at 22 then that would make me....old!! Haha. I sure don't feel it, I mean some days, yes, but it just doesn't seem possible that I'm sliding into 50 soon. Enough about how time flies, and on to the day of Amore.

On to some fun. Go check out Stacie at The Three Sweet Peas, who shared some adorable Valentine gift tags that you can print out. Her link, http://www.thethreesweetpeas.com/search/label/printable

She is way talented and also shared a great tutorial on Tatertots and Jell-O's blog about making cute canvas liners for baskets.


 

Almost forgot to share my weekly menu for the week. So here it is:


 

Monday: Italian Zucchini Pie

Tuesday: Taco Pie

Wednesday: Barbeque Chicken, Steamed broccoli and cauliflower

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Something with leftover ground beef from Tuesday

Saturday: Make your own Pizzas

Sunday: Chili


 

I also will try and get another post out this week to show you some of the projects that I am desperately trying to finish before I start anything new. I refinished an old french country dresser that we purchased when we first got married and have moved around everywhere but I now have it back in the master bedroom redone with Black satin paint and distressed somewhat. I painted the details in turquoise but after staring at it for over a week I think I am going to try filling them with a stain pen. The blue is just too something. I also redid a cherry finish media cabinet and both of the adjoining shelfs. The major work is done but there is some details that still to be wrapped up before I show the after pics.


 


 


Happy Hump Day!


 

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment