Popular Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Things

Well I finally did it.  I officially started my new blog.  I've been working on home improvement projects for what seems like my whole life, but now I get a chance to keep a diary or journal of sorts of what I've done.  This is actually pretty exciting since most of the time I hustle and bustle from one project to the next, never taking time to look back at my accomplishments.  Of course, they aren't always accomplishments.  Okay, maybe they are more like measures of my knowledge.  I love to jump in feet first and try new things.  I don't always get it right the first time, or second but I think each time a little experience is growing for my next venture.

I am amazed at all the talented people who I have discovered on the internet.  My 20 year old daughter was always go on and on about so and so's blog and what they had done, but I had never taken the time to browse.  First, she got me looking on Etsy ( Unbelieveable), then Pinterest (Totally addicting), and finally reading blogs from other women just like me who took on crafts, and painting, and sewing and furniture redo's and posted about it.  I felt like a kid in a candy shop.  Sometimes I have original ideas, but other times it is great to copy others genius.  I am promising myself that I will take time and load up some of the things I've worked on and am currently working on.  I can't wait to hear your feedback, suggestions and comments. So let the fun begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment